Tuesday, December 02, 2008
I've never been angry in a while...but now
I had a very bad day at work. I guess my being patient has gotten over its limit. I just flared up from all the shouting, the indecency, the disrespectful gestures, and the hyperactive hysteria of my PIA (pain in the ass) manager!

I had too much of his moodiness. His degrading words. His words that comes out from wherever it is in his brain. His brain which does not have a sift to carefully choose his words if its going to hurt, deeply hurt, anyone. He is hyperactive! There must be something wrong about his adrenaline. It must be excreting too much of this juices that makes you rush from all directions!

ok. I didnt do anything that will probably fire me from my job. I just walked out on him. The only thing I said was, "Ok you do it then!"

I mean, I dont mind doing the Admin's job: the filing, recording sales reports, following up transfers, updating petty cash vouchers, faxing my colleagues requests, the shop's request, etcetera etcetera. Those little errands are actually my manager's work since we dont have any admin officer in the shop since our Filipino admin was promoted and went to Bahrain. He asked me kindly if I can do some of the errand he does so as not to loose the order in the shop. I gladly accepted. Even manager asked me to do it because he said "I cannot do this...". He doesnt even know where some of the files are!?

So I am doing it, not religiously, but I'm doing it at some point.

What blew me off was the shouting, the screaming like a damn school girl he is! I dont know how to describe his actions were and are. its like whenever there's something up, anything which either excites him, pressure him, all his ego come bursting from everywhere filling the shop with his undescribable behavior. He tells you, for example, to do this, and while you're at it, he notices something which needs some attention, then says "do that"! that kind of thing goes on and on. So, you get confused. His confusion he projects on his staff! Not only that, he may have so many experiences in this business, and he shares that with us all. But you know, you feel if someone is being arrogant, lying, or whatever. I feel that! I can tell. Sorry, I am just too fumed up. I may regret saying these things later on, but I apologise now. I am just mad.

Really, my russian colleague, even if she's like always travelling in her own world, has good good insights about whats arounds her. She said, some of the managers here have a different concept of what a manager's job is, wherewhich from what I observe as well, is true. that is to come to work late and to go home early. My manger has done that quite a few times, but he makes up for it anyhow. There's other things he does which I am not gonna say. I'm just so damn mad about the embarassment I have to endure an hour before my shift ends today!

For one f*cking detail I forgot, this stock adjustment note, he came screaming saying things I dont even remember what they were. All i know it pierced me. Addition to the other emotional torture and the stresses he put on us all. I just had too much of his ways and I just have to give him a dose of me as well.

When I am angry I am angry even if tell you I am not. And it takes time for me to get over that anger...years it may take even. I just hope he'll not make me disrespect him even more, like how my colleagues have been to him.

Too bad, i know my manager is good, but he has issues. behavioral issues. he has to take care of his anger management. He doesnt hit anyone or beat anyone, but those f*cking letters that form disgusting words that comes out of his mouth has to be polished. I think he needs some generator somewhere in his tongue which will hold those bullsh*t that comes out of his mouth, for his brain cannot process that, I suppose. Really, You cannot teach an old dog new tricks. So lets plug him in the machine or dose him up with a few anti hyperactive drugs or Valium to make him unlearn this very odd behavior and learn a new one: to be respectful, polished, when to act this old ways and to who and knows how to be decent, the most important among other things!