Thursday, November 20, 2008
There is the Christmas feel in the air here in Dubai. But Christmas is not something to look forward to in this country. Even if you're, like me, pinoy, who has so much experience how it is when the "ber" months come, you don't look forward in celebrating the Christmas here. What you look forward to is the illusion of you in the Philippines, with friends and family going to the early morning mass, and "puto" and all other native foods we got used to buying and consuming after the mass, or, in my town, jogging on the way home.

It certainly is fun during the christmas holidays in the Philippines. Something I wouldn't trade for any other Christmas celebration across the globe. I mean, yea, this is something relative. A pinoy Christmas is the one I get accustomed to. I have no definite words to describe how Christmas is in the Philippines but if you're Pinoy, you certainly understand what I'm talking about. Its fun. Simple. But fun.

This is my second Christmas here in Dubai. I came here December 14 last year. Being away miles and miles away from home for the first time, crying was the only option I could think of to ease the burden. This time, however, it'll be different. I'll be busy with work and Christmas, the usual December Holidays I got accustomed to for 27 years will just pass by unnoticed. Pity. True. But there is nothing to do. This is a Muslim country, though open, Christmas is still nothing but just a normal day for this country.

There will still be shedding of tears, I anticipate, but kalas! I'll not drown myself being miserable as I already am. It's just Christmas...come on...move on! (nope, kidding...its not just Christmas! It is Christmas and I love this Holiday!). I am thinking how im gonna spend the holidays when there really is work for the rest of the month for me. No Christmas break nor New year break! It's going to be work work work like a damn donkey!

I'll make a few changes on this blog. Nothing special actually.... I just thought I needed some change from talking too much about myself. I think I will work on with what I have observed here in Dubai, towards people, the culture, and rants about how unconforming some of the behavior of some of the residents and expats here that I just wanna go over and done with.

I hope I'll have a nice, if not good, Christmas. I'm not looking forward for it, let's just see.
1 Comments:
Blogger ika said...
but i like hearing you talk about yourself. do add, but do not remove that part.

yeah, i guess we all celebrate Christmas in our own terms. Oh my, i can imagine how difficult it is to try and celebrate christmas in a country who does not believe in jesus.

all else fails, send your greetings to the sky and wish for it to fall on your loved ones.

merry christmas.