Tuesday, November 18, 2008
untitled
there are quite a few good things that happened in this poor forsaken life of yours truly. first, I got my iPhone back. a week ago on a Monday, the police called me to inform me that they recovered my phone from
an Egyptian guy. this guy said someone sold it to him but I don't buy it. he seems the one who was making those dirty calls to ladies in my phonebook. he wasn't detained. but his name on record. so he asked me so kindly if I could clear his name. kind that I am, I did sign a paper in Arabic which probably states that I am not pressing any criminal charges against him. or whatever was written there might just states something about clearing his name. this time, I have two iPhones. I decided to buy the second one, which I got in a good price with a free chordless phone. that is a decision to buy yet another iPhone after accepting the fact that I won't be getting my first iPhone back, but I surprise surprise! i did get it back, gladly. so having two iPhones is quite too much! i decided I will give it my sister and my brother-in-law. selling it was crossed out among my options of how to have that iPhone put to good use.

second good thing, October 28, my sister gave birth to a healthy 7.5 pounds cute chinky eyed baby boy Zane!!! another new member in the cortero clan! and I can feel how happy my grandfather is having a new baby in the house, especially so that it's his second great grandchild. I know my grandfather is aged and probably is weak but I'm happy he's still fighting life amidst the challenges he and my grandmother still face despite their age. they should be, in fact, enjoying their retirement: vacationing, traveling and relaxing, sitting in a "golden throne" looking through the successes and failures of their offsprings and offspring's own. but that is not what is. there is just a thin line where they can squeeze this good retirement recreation.most of their time is bothered by juveniles. and I had had shared a part of that juvenile moments but I think i'd gotten over that and became mature enough tto give them peace of stubborn ass :-). so there's Zane, that will at least brighten their days since there's this miraculous joy babies carry on to other people, especially family. or at least only until they're still on the early years. once they learn to write, read and all that they start to wonder other things. but for now We will enjoy baby Zane with his cute, cuddly, bouncy, baby self.

another good thing is that the weather here in Dubai is becoming better since it's almost winter up north of the globe and Dubai is getting this semi wintery feel as well. the good climate is giving me the mood to jog in the park, enjoy every minute at work even if my manager, dani, is a hyperactive pain in the ass! but that is entirely not a bad thing. I have known my manager in the work level so, as weird as it may sound, I enjoy he thrill of working with him. he is a puzzle. everyday I have to guess what his mood will be so my colleagues and I act accordingly. and that is what adds challenge and fun in our job no matter how stressing.

it is Christmas soon and I can feel it. I miss home. I miss my family and my dog. I miss my friends. and everything would be much better only if I'm home. but I'm not. so instead of me wallowing why I'm single and nobody loving me,with the conducive wintery breeze to be walking holding hands with the one you love, I'm turning this misery in a good solitary confinemnt. at least I don't have to worry about any other but me.... yeah? right?