Thursday, October 16, 2008
another unrequited emotion
Would you tell someone you love/like them even if you know for yourself that there is no chance the two of you will be together?

Maybe.

I asked a few people if they would. They wouldn't. Most of them answered that they do not want to feel embarassed or have their pride down the drain about the consequence, which most probably, a malicious reaction on the part of the person you want to express this hiddden desires to.

I'm battling if i should or i should not tell this someone I like"it". By "it" I do not mean a non existent being. Let me address this person as "it" so as not to determine the gender (but most of you would have guessed which gender anyway. for the sake of it, let it be "it"). The first time i saw this person, I knew I like "it" instantly. "It", was walking in the hallway when "it" moved in the building where i live. I was closing my door heading for work when our eyes met. I saw a tame smile on "it's" eyes. Like a dog's eyes looking at you. So kind and sweet. But, it was like, a seduction, somehow.

From, then on, the sleeping not-so-romantic in me was shaken and is persuaded to wake up, stand up, and go on with another love quest. The thing is, "it" is engaged to be married. has kids and is focused on finding the self in "God's presence" and making future better. well, what do I have to argue with that? "it" has responsibilities, while, I, well...don't. I was thinking of rattling "it's" well laid out plans in order for me to, you know, make "it" like me back. Even if, by all laws of nature, what I have in mind is not possible and not right, my stubborn self still wants to make the go.

Fast forward to now, this love quest have me facing the same dilemma I always get when it comes to loving! Oh how sad it is to fall in love when you know in your heart the person cannot love you back. So let's say "it" is also devilish to say yes to me and be with me for the rest of the Dubai stay. I'm guesing my conscience will not take the guilt of cheating someone or myself of this emotion. And, the pain to endure after the short game. If that ever happens, who will feel the pain most? Not "it" but I.

Another case of unrequited love for me.

To be rational is much advisable at this point in time. Yes? So before anything gets worse, perhaps I should focus on what will be best for me (which, at the moment, I'm not sure what could it be).

So I asked a few people if they should tell someone you love/like them even if you know for yourself that there is no chance the two of you will be together? i got the same answers. While looking back, all the same stupid thing happened to me way way back. The last time was in 2006 with the Fish. Two years before that was with one troubled individual and years before that was with Jeff. The funny love story of yours truly. How sad! All one way.

This time, I guess i should hold on to my horses and not to make the same mistakes again or the embarassment and broken pride i have endured. I'll take the advises. i'll let go of the feeling and focus.

So anyway, i had no great loves neither have one, sadly. I'm almost behind my age and I'm still the NBSB (i'm sure y'all know what that is) I've always been. There's definitely something wrong about me to be single all these years!!!

I need professional help, don't ya think?