Saturday, October 04, 2008
I lost my iPhone!
Who would have thought that in this Muslim country someone would actually steal??

I lost my iPhone 3G. Someone stole it from me. Someone took it out of my pocket! And I am so stupid not to feel that my expensive phone is silently slipping away from my Adidas shorts through someone elses evil hand!

I tried to call my phone until now. And this thief answers! He bargained that I give him 2000 dirhams in exchange for the phone. I said yes I will, but when I ask him where he was he hungs up. I keep calling with the same dialogue on and on until he said "give me a lady to fuck"!

What is this? Arab-Muslim country and there are people like this???

I asked this thief where he's from. He said he's from India. But my brother-in-law called me just a while ago because he called my phone and he told me he sounds arabic, the accent and the way he speak. Even when I spoke to this thief, he doesnt sound Indian at all because the way Indians speak is very distinct. It is in a fast monotone way.

So he's Arab. Arab not from here. Perhaps a levant because I have faith that this Muslims in this country and in the GCC would in fact not steal, and talk like the way this thief wants to devour a woman!

I'm in desperate measures! I want my iPhone back! It cost me more than my monthly salary and thinking about loosing such amount just like that makes me crazy! I called Etisalat, my prepaid service provider, and ask them what I can do. Since they dont support the iPhone 3G in this country, all they could do is block my phone number. Not the phone!

I worked for US based telecoms Sprint-Nextel Communications and they have the ability to block phones, All we need is the serial number and the IMEI, input it in the sytem we use and the thief cannot use the phone! Even in my country, National Telecommunications Commission have away to make a phone not work in case it was stolen. Etisalat told me they have no software to do that.

I thought this country monitors everything, from text messages to phone calls?! But it seems they cannot. i asked three associates from Etisalat if they can pull up the numbers from my sim or monitor any recent activity on my phone, and they said NO. I know they can't because its prepaid. But i was thinking this country is advanced in terms of technology, that they could go as far as that for a prepaid service. I thought wrong. All they told me is to report and file a complaint to the police and maybe, MAYBE, they can do something. I asked them if the police will be able to trace my phone and they all said "you have to check with the police if they can". What kind of an answer is that??

Well maybe the police can. So i will go there on my day off and file a complaint about this thief. Thats my last resort. If they can help me locate the thief, shut that iPhone entirely, or not. Because i even called Apple and of course they can't do anything as it is overseas, police is my last option.

I guess the iPhone is not for me. Some people say, "dont worry, something better will come along"! But that is just plain BullShit! You know, all these kind words just to ease the "pain" of YOU getting robbed of your most prized possession! I mean, I understand they're trying to be sympathetic, empathic and all these f*cking BullShit, but man, 80,320 pesos is too much to loose, or is it not??

What to do yanni? My iPhone is stolen and the thief is enjoying my expensive phone. His Arabic and he's Muslim. May his God forgive him for what he did.