Monday, March 12, 2007
my health...
I am worried about my health.

I was taken to the hospital last Wednesday evening. Days before that I have been complaining about some numbness I feel on my right arm during the first day and half of my face the next day. It was not numb – numb cause I still feel something. It feels like some sprain or something. On the 23rd last month (My grandpa’s birthday as well) I went to see a neurologist for fear that what I am feeling might be TIA (transient ischemic attack) or bells palsy or something’s wrong with my upper back due to weight lifting.

The doctor told me I had a mild stroke attack. Damn it scared me!

I was given 3 kinds of medication: antithrombotic pills, aspirin and vitamin B complex. The doctor also told me to monitor my blood pressure and that if I feel something different I should go to the hospital right away. He also requested for my blood chemistry (lipid profile, etc.)

Last Wednesday morning I had my blood chem. checked. Everything was normal except for my cholesterol level which shows a little bit high from the reference level. That night I felt something different. I cannot describe what it was. I just felt terribly different.

At the emergency room my blood pressure was taken. 130/90 – kind of normal. ECG was performed which was normal according to the heart doctor (who was my attending physician) who told me later on. I was on dextrose. I was given some pills for anti nerve breakage as well as liquid shots. I was very scared that night although I was trying to act normal. I was conversing with the nurse about what he is doing, asking him questions about every steps that he is doing to ease me.. My heart beated quite normal, not fast but I was uneasy.

My friends came to the hospital. And they stayed there till 3 in the morning.

While there, I was worried sick! The attending physician performed her regular check on me and asks me stuffs. She added a pill that I should take to lower my cholesterol even if it wasn’t that high. She told me she’ll request for a neurologist’s assistance regarding my answers to her about the earlier symptoms. I spoke to the neurologist when he visited me. His impression was not TIA because he said I was young to have TIA and the symptoms I was experiencing does not necessarily suggest TIA. The neurologist who attended to me that time was in fact a reliever. He was a short, fair skinned middle age guy, cute and jolly, which, much to my relief eased my worrying mind. He performed basic check ups neurologist do. He asked me to press his hands very tight, walk, among other things. The same thing the earlier neurologist performed. Until he said he needed some x rays of my cervical area because I told him also that when I look up, the numbness sprained like feeling radiates through my right arm everytime I do that. He said the x ray result will tell if I should talk to another kind of doctor and release me from the hospital. He also suggested I stop taking the aspirin and the antithrombotic pill. He gave me new set of pills: neurontin, myonal, and xanor (which I have to take when needed). He also asked me to stop the cholesterol pill and just diet.

I stayed at the hospital till Saturday.

I wasn’t feeling any “numbness” on my face although I still feel the radiating sprain like feeling on my right arm. Since everything was normal: my blood pressure, x ray, and I was quite feeling normal, the heart doctor told me I was for discharge and continue with the pills the neurologist prescribed.

I am going to take the pills whole of this month. You know what I found out about the pills I’m taking? Neurontin is used to treat seizure and some pains not necessarily mentioned what type of pain. Myonal for skeletal and vascular muscles and Xanor for anti anxiety anti depression.

I don’t know what my malady was, or is. I don’t know why I am taking these pills. I just have to follow what the doctors said although I’m concerned about why I’m taking them. And guess what was written on my medical report my mom told me? My malady was tagged general anxiety disorder!! Now am I crazy or what?

I know what I felt and yes sometimes whatever we feel physically may be something psychosomatic but I don’t know what I will be anxious about to lead to an effect such as that emergency.

Anyway…

I have forgotten I am no longer the way that I am: youthful physically. I have implants inside my leg bone when it was broken from the accident. I can’t help but think sometimes there must be something going on with that…and I hope not bad. One of these days I have to visit my orthopedic surgeon to have it checked up.
2 Comments:
Blogger Rashid said...
ei.. you take care ha..

bout solitary-cross.. nagdown.. don't know about mika if she still wants to let it up for those she hosted.. haayz.. sayang ang mga posts ko ron ha.. hehe..

anyways.. things are still going on well pa naman.. still at legazpi.. no news pa regarding sa relocation.. pero 7 of us eh nauna na.. kung kelan kami susunod.. hindi pa namin alam..

Anonymous Anonymous said...
well they say now that it's getting younger for people to have a stroke. You should stay away from fatty food or other stuff that causes it. Anyway, hope you are better now and take care!