Sunday, June 18, 2006
take me away...
The neighborhood that I am in is getting...whachamacallit? BORING! From the monotonous life there is there, it has now come to dead! It makes me just wanna go away and live somewhere, not in the same neighborhood, definitely not in this town I came to love but somewhere where life or fun or anything else that makes every aspect or one's personality essential.

I dont why I see my neighborhood that way these days. A way in which everything looks pale to me even if its surrounded with fresh greenery. But - it has something to do with the people. Most of them who lived in the neighborhood are farmers which is not bad at all. Every harvest gives the abundance of rice, and money for some. The problem i see is, is that all there is? After an all days work of farming or whatever is it they do, they drink way way too much alcohol! It seems to me that Sta Lucia is full of alcoholic residents. Everyday, I see some one's son buy a bottle of beer, or gin (which is commonly known in the area as bilog), or matador brandy (which by the way, is the popular brandy in the province lately. as a matter fact it is very A Ok brnady). Some times it is not the parent who will drink but the sons and friends. Some i know, I even get a taste of what they drink whenever I pass by a group of youngster having a good time over a bottle of something.

You see, there is no age control with these kind of shebangs here: the drinking or the smoking if i may say so. It could be said that parents in the neighborhood have bad parenting skills (which is, not so much of a surprise, true). I am not saying every one have bad parenting skills in the neighborhood for there are some who have good parental control over their minors. I salute them since I grew up under a not so well family environment myself.
As early as 13 yers old they have a taste of their first beer, or gin, or brandy or cigarette. The cigarette, not so much. Kids know its a bad take to smoke but some really wild kids try. Good thing they dont get hooked. As far as I know they don't. But the drinking, they get their first taste at an early age but i dont know for sure if they go on drinking after that. My cousin is 15 years old and he sometimes comes home drunk. I wanna get mad when he comes home like that, but I know he knows what he is doing and his limits. So i let him do his thing and well, learn from them. Good thing is my grandparents always nag him about his behavior, Same nagging I got when i was in his age (minus the drinking). I started drinknig at the age of 18 but had my first taste at 15. i also started smoking at 18.

Drugs?? in the neigborhood? YESSSS. I know a few who uses drugs there. I know but i dont know for sure if they really do. A number of them are marijuana users and a few take this thing called shabu or both. I damn hate these drugs, and then mixed with alcohol...man these people get too insane under its influence. Well, i havent seen anyone run amok under its influence. But last night I was told by my neighbors whom I hanged out with that it has happened in the seemingly quite sta lucia neighborhood. Several times. So I asked, where the hell was I when these things happen?!! I never knew my neighbors are as scary as those violent people I heard of. I have the sudden change of behavior towards the community after being told about that. I am not really at peace even before with the community I am in but at least i know I was safe in there...on second thought...I guess not anymore. Well as long as i do them no wrong then I am safe.

ok. I dont know if i am making sense here. Writing under time pressure is making me crazy. Again, i am in a cafe, and every minute is charging me so i am like running fast to maximize the time i have.

So the neighborhood is boring, dead, dull and its wearing me out. The things I mentioned about alcohol, bad parenting, drugs are not the things that makes it boring. The community is just plain boring. The silent neighborhood have its dark secrets I never know of. Scary scary dark secrets that happens from time to time. I hate to think that i am hating the place I am in, but it seems like it. I grew up in sta lucia and I love it there immensely :-D. Now that I have grown up and childhood friends got married, went away abroad or whereever to work while I, single, sexless and everything is just a bummer wanting to get away from this town or this neighborhood (or even this country) where each of my childhood memory has been corrupted with this thing called growing up and its responsibilities.

I really cannot describe how boring the neighborhood(or the town) has become. My sister and my cousin feel it too. Whew! ok, here, there are mentally depressed individuals in the neighborhood. Drugs, could have contributed but because the town has no action going on, lifeless and no solidarity among others as compared to some baranggays, no question some residents are becoming insane. or say, maybe, the drugs they take to get away from the boring community at a certain moment made them crazy! What a pity. A beautiful baranggay with crazy residents. I think even I is getting crazy. I am turning to cigarettes to shoo boredom away! God! there is just nothing to do in the poor neighborhood, in this wasteland of a town, and in this sinking country!

Ok. so I was bored when I did this. Clean, not drugged. Just bored.
1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
You should start up something to make your neighborhood abit more exciting. Try hunting for provincial boys! lol! Anyway, i like the pic and also what a clean white briefs you have. Nice!