Sunday, June 04, 2006
this week...
One of my girl best friend, Carmen, came to town last tuesday from Manila to have her braces removed. She hailed from here so the town is nothing new to her but she's spending most of her "to come" years in the metro because of work. Last post was rather painstakingly awkward because of my sudden irrational behavior due to my boredom, but don't get me wrong, Life is good and it is indeed hard to go through life but Life is damn fun!

I spent the days of the week going out. Sometimes just at home but during the afternoons I went out walking with Lee Jack and Carmen. Last wednesday we went drinking here at home and spent the whole night chatting over marlboro's, chips, mayonnaise and beer. Thursday we went walking and eating street foods and planned to drink brandy by night but since Carmen lives quite distant from the "suburban" looking area where Lee Jack and I live we didn't. Because after our afternoon walks, we went to our own respective residences by 7pm to have dinner but agreed to meet up at Lee Jack's after. Carmen may have forgotten. We could've had but Carmen may have been used to Manila "time" or best said Manila lifestyle. She maybe thought that even by 12 midnight there'd be still public transportation. She was still eager to go out by 11:45pm! In this town, if you live quite far from the mercado, public tranportation is impossible if you need to go somewhere from 10pm till 5am. Unless you have a bike, a car, or a scooter then you can go anywhere you desire just be equipped with a driver's license since local TMG (traffic management group) have become very demanding about that (oh, you dont need a driver's license to drive a bike). If you'd like to walk, then go ahead. That's what Lee Jack and I do whenever we wanna go out during the "unfriendly" hours. When we go home we either rent a tricycle or walk home, anyway, our area is just a few meters away so we can easily walk it. But since I can't walk normally the way I did before, we rent a tricycle from time to time. Lee Jack was actually really looking forward to drink brandy last night and we're suppose to have it at his house down in their basement. I havent stayed at their basement to go drinking beer 'cause he never invited me. There was once last December but I dont wanna risk drinking and go home walking drunk with my crutches on. His friend's who are my acquaintances already said is very nice to go drinking and bonding down at their basement.
And yeah, for 4 days, Im cane free!!!! Yahoooo! The week was just so happy. I had fun this week. Although i get bored from time to time, the week was fun. Thanks to Carmen. Someone new, I saw.

But...

...back to all same routine. Carmen has left for manila tonight.



Tomorrow, my friend Lorean's (Attorney Lorean) thnaksgiving party for passing the bar. I made the invitation for her and of course, i am invited. That's at four pm.

Before Lee Jack and I went home after sending off Carmen, I decided to go to church and pray. There were changes at our parish. Since the time i left home even after the accident when I've been sayinbg i will go to church, i havent gone to church at all. Tonight I did. Lots of changes. The altar changed. they restored it. My friend said its because the altar is years old and need to be restored unless it will give up. From the common altar painted in off white, the altar is golden now. heres the pic.



oh well... another day, another week. Let's see what's in store next. here are pics i took this week.


View from above the veranda at 6:30pm while waiting for Carmen and Lee Jack to come over.


Last thursday at 11pm at my friend's Lee Jack's. In front of their house by the street.


a view from Lee Jack's house at 6pm last friday.


Carmen made a self portrait while we were waiting for Lee Jack at his house last friday