Saturday, August 02, 2008
what to do yanni?
Don’t get me wrong for whining for far too much but I’m really having a hard time to cope up with what Dubai life have in store. For one, I can’t stand the heat and two, everything seems to be falling out of place…or I should say, even during day one dubai has never really been generous to give me happiness in the first place.

I’m sorry for being a cynic but I am not happy. Sure, I got a great job (minus the over tactless and tension generator manager that supervises me) with good pay but I am not feeling it without getting what I truly want (friends, nice place to live in, nice environment, fine weather). I cannot even have a quiet moment to myself anymore like I used to. Moving to Dubai I thought was a great decision but neither it has become better, not even close for being better. So far from being better!

I started to gained friends but I loose them so suddenly. Not that I loose them for something bad but of being together. These friends I call are 4 girls I share the flat with. We don’t see each other every day because of work schedule differences. But the thought that at least twice a week, I get to sit down with them and just have a silly talk and enjoy the out-of-work and stress-free moments we all get to steal from our heavily busy schedules. I sure do enjoy those times I share with them. Watching dvd’s at night. Watching Filipino shows online. Eat together. Cook food for all of us. Share rice. All that I am going to miss.

They were thrown out of the flat. For a silly reason. And tonight I met with them but all I could feel was pity. They have had no time to at least look for a place to move in. it was all sudden. Now they, as they told me, are sharing one bunk bed in a small room together with people they don’t know. I couldn’t help but feel awkward. I wish I could help but my resources is not that enough.

Dubai life isn’t easy and it isn’t grand. Dubai is full of misadventures and pain. It only has to be dealt with accordingly and that is not to care, but care only for yourself and the people who care about you.

I am not happy in dubai. I am trying to be happy by keeping myself think about nothing but work and the people I care for. I give myself three years in dubai… and I am never coming back here. This is not the place for me.