Thursday, July 17, 2008
SunDried
As I stay longer here in Dubai, the more I’ve been wanting to go home.

The news on TV Patrol about the non stopping rain in the Philippines is what really makes me want to go back! As it is, the heat here in Dubai is in staggering degrees so I cannot blame myself if I extremely miss the rain. I cannot enjoy an early morning walk to the pick up point where my transport picks me up. And the same goes on my way back to my place. Everyday, the heat is there to ruin my day. In the Philippines, even if it is hot I still can enjoy a walk whereever I am going any time of the day…or night.

Even if I wanted to go for a run in Zabeel Park (close to where I stay), I cannot. The heat is enough to perspire me even if I just stand in one corner. And I just don’t get it how these people of Dubai can take such heat?!

British may love the heat here in Dubai because no wonder how cold it is in their country. But for people like me, a lowly rice eating asian who has not experience extreme high temperatures would not fall in love to this troubling heat! I’ve experience winter here in Dubai but its not that extreme. Its more like just a little bit lower than the lowest degree in the philippine temperature. Winter here is cold alright but at noon, its hot. But then its better than this heat we have here now,stifling. Hot and humid!

I don’t know where I’m going! I’m just going loco of the heat!

I am also going loco from the environment in which I work. It is true you cannot ace everything. Everywhere, there are still people to pull you down and people who will squeeze you dry. Thank God for the patience! Grant me more of it, for I do not know what I can do if I suddenly blow up!
1 Comments:
Blogger Hazen said...
How am I? I am rebuilding my life, and enjoying it. I have rebuilt my life before. This time its different. As best as possible I am doing with my standards. I am also learning to say, "sorry thats not my problem", "I don't care" and "here is what I am prepared to do." I am trying to do things because they will lead to happiness, rather than avoid things because they might lead to unhappiness. I find great peace being by myself in the forest.