Tuesday, October 30, 2007
baha (flood) 2007!
We were flooded last Sunday.


the house

It was raining Friday afternoon and it didn’t stop until Sunday morning. I woke up at 4:30 am on Sunday because of the foul smell I doubted was coming from our septic tank. So I rose to check where the smell was coming from. But what I found out was water downstairs! The water outside was rising by the minute and it entered our house. I woke up everyone in the house to salvage stuffs like our clothes and furniture, etcetera to prevent it from soaking in the muddy and smelly water. Electricity was shut off by 5am.


the living room flooded

There was no typhoon to have caused the flood but the non stopping rain. Neighbors said the water from the reservoir was released that caused the all of a sudden flood.

Anyway, it wasn’t the first time we had floods. From my observation, after a year or two intervals we get flooded this time of the year. I practically grew up with the flood so it’s nothing new. We sometimes miss it although after the flood we have to exercise all of our muscles cleaning the mud and disinfect the whole house. We usually don’t get water inside the house when there’s a flood. But when it does, well, it just does. We have a pool in the house hehehe.


save me!!

I tried to go to town but the water flowing in every baranggay intersection was forceful. There was support made by the residents in those areas in order to cross the current. I tried crossing in the first intersection and it was indeed strong. I could feel as if my leg is about to break! I was able to cross though, however the next intersection was stronger, so I decided not to go and I wasn’t able to see how the flood in town is.


If I did, I could have seen the candidates in the 2007 Miss Earth pageant. I was told by friends through text that the candidates were stranded. The bus they were in couldn’t pass through the flood water. So they had to wait until the bus could. I was told some of them went down the bus to check how the flood was.

Here are photos, that i liked which I managed to capture.


this boat passed by in front of the house


you're such a pig!

type mo ata ako!



town

More below or in my album

All I did was walked around and wander in the flood water.

In the afternoon I went wandering again and met with two friends to stroll in town in the flood water. But that time the flood water was decreasing. Though very slow, the current was no longer that strong and we could walk in the water just fine.

It’s back to normal again although there are still traces of mud outside and I hate it! It stick on the soles (and it feels so heavy) where you have to wash slippers with water everytime I go inside the house!

For the pics (of course we cannot let the flood sudside without picture posing as if loving it was posted all over our faces. My cousin even dressed up for it. Funny!).


I am the man!


As always, my cousin Kris, up for it!


Here are the complete set of pictures I manged to capture during the flood. And you can view all of me in the flood water in my album.