Sunday, March 12, 2006
Phone
This post must’ve been last night’s but my friend LJ came over and brought me his cork remover. We’re suppose to drink the wine I have to celebrate my bone growth but we had coffee instead and cigarettes, FORTUNE menthol cigarettes! I know. Downgrade. We chatted all sorts of things: sex, tv, celebrities, the government, politics, gay people, college life blah blah. We chatted till the sunrise.

Anyway, my sister is thinking about buying a new phone since what she have is not functioning properly anymore. Her phone is actually what I am using right now and she’s using my phone. I was browsing GSMarena for phone models she asked me to look at, particularly Samsung phones. Well – nothing exciting about that but I just wanna share.

She has $200 budget for a new phone, my sister in Dubai gave her as her graduation gift. Yeah, my youngest sister is finally graduating from college this Friday. Now she hasn’t exchanged her money yet and since the peso is growing and in exchange to that, the dollar rate is going down, her $200 value in peso will be less than what she expected earlier. New phone models are damn expensive! For $200 you can get and nice phone but not as good as the newer ones, feature wise. Well of course! I was telling her to get a good phone specially eyeing on certain features like Bluetooth, 1px or higher picture resolution, video recording, and mp3 capable. With memory card slot is a plus. MMS, text capability and of course voice calls are given to phones obviously. If she can find anything, any model with that feature, for $200 or less she must grab it! The thing is, phone models are limited here. Well - I am sure if she look further she’ll be able to find a good phone for $200.


My phone is the N7610. It is good. I kinda love that phone although newer ones are getting my full attention. Only that I cant afford any of them! So I’ll stick with my N7610. Anyway, it has the features that I really need. I even get to use it as my iPod! Like an iPod. I don’t have an iPod but I can store up to 20 songs in a separate memory card anyway, so it works just like the regular iPod shuffle. The important thing is it has camera and video recording and Bluetooth.


My sister is thinking of settling for the MotoRazr. Since my sister in Dubai is using that phone, where I got to use before she left, I told her to buy anything but MotoRazr! I don’t like that phone! With regards to design, it’s great but memory, functionality speaking - BOOO! That’s my opinion though since I am particular with certain features that I need and want. But if you just need it for communication and all, I guess it’s a good choice.




Browsing Samsung phones, I liked the e360 and the z310. The latter is the one I would want, if I were to be asked. The e360 is fine because FM radio is one of its features, so that’s fine. I am not sure if those are available in stores here but I told my sister those models are OK, especially the z310, but that depends on the price. Her money might not be enough to purchase it. Oh well – it’s her phone so it’s her decision. I just want my phone back. ☺☺☺